Hello, and welcome to The Broken Link, where people practice and learn Conversational English in our Hanoi, Vietnam classroom.
Classes are open to all ages and skill levels (see the Schedule page for more information). We work with students, industries, NGOs and government agencies.
WE NOW OFFER A NEW SERVICE — TEXT TO SPEECH
Do you need accurate pronunciation of written texts? We are now able to provide you with clear audio recordings, in a variety of accents by native speakers (American, British, Australian…).
My degree is from the University of South Florida in Speech Communication with a minor in bio-chemistry, with an advanced degree from College of Mendocino, Inc. (California).
After retiring from my 35 year career with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC, (U.S. Public Health Service) , I served one year as president of the FPHA (Florida Public Health Association).
In 2015 I relocated to Hanoi to teach Conversational English at an orphanage for HIV infected/affected children.
For many years I managed a family import/export business; operated a catering service and self-published cook books, and “The Book of Time – Making Time to Change a Child’s Life” (Out of Print).
SPECIAL RECOGNITIONS & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Florida Congress of Parent Teachers Association, Honorary Life Member
- Florida STD NEWS Notes, Editor and Publisher
- Florida Public Health Association, Executive Board, 5 years
- Southern Health Association, Fellow
- American Public Health Association, Florida Representative
- Watsonian Society, Exec Board, Field Rep
- Marines Memorial Society, Life Member
- Tampa Urban League, Save-A-Youth ’71, Exec Director
- Florida Intra-Coastal Marine Experimental Center, Exec Director
- College of Mendocino, Inc, Faculty
Please Like and Share our facebook page:
“The Broken Link is ALWAYS communication.”
Many people read and write English but are not comfortable speaking for a fear of making a mistake.
In our safe environment, we allow and ENCOURAGE mistakes. That is how to learn and remember.
By using a variety of non-traditional methods, we make learning exciting:
- Public Speaking,
- English Language History,
- American and British English,
- And other topics based upon students age, experiences, and interests.
No topics are off-limits.
Join Us… Where learning is always fun.